1. Don’t Procrastinate Don’t procrastinate. This seems simple enough, but getting started can be difficult. A few weeks prior to your move, start packing several boxes a day. Begin with items that are least essential to your daily life. If you pace yourself, you will be more organized and the job won’t be so overwhelming. Make packing easier by not waiting to get started.
2. Pack room-by-roomFocus on one area of a room at a time and don’t mix items from different rooms in one box. To prevent miniature knickknacks and small items from being lost or mistakenly thrown out with the packing paper, wrap them in brightly-colored tissue paper.
3. Packing LabelsLabel clearly. On the top and side of each box, write a general description of the contents and the room name. Use different colored markers for each room, which will provide additional clarity for you and your movers.
4. Use Packing PaperStay clean. Regular newspaper may bleed ink onto your possessions. Use white packing paper to wrap all items.
5. Stick with Moving BoxesUse boxes designed for moving. Boxes obtained from grocery or liquor stores are not always clean and might not hold the weight of the items that you will be putting in them. In addition, varying box sizes can make loading more difficult.
6. Know what you can’t packKnow what you can’t pack. Some common household items can’t be shipped because they are hazardous. Don’t wind up on the wrong side of the law. Read our list of what you can’t put on the moving truck.
7. Moving valuablesDon’t box up everything. You should personally transport heirlooms, important papers, legal documents (wills, passports. etc.), and valuables. Make packing easier by decided what doesn’t need to be packed.
Floor plans with premium finishes and wide-open spaces, each floor plan from Marsh Creek Apartments brings you unparalleled luxury without sacrificing on comfort. Convenient to I-35, your new apartment home at Marsh Creek is only a short drive from the best of dining, shopping and entertainment.
You will appreciate the large designer interiors of Trinity Trace. Fully landscaped, Trinity Trace offers Efficiencies, 1 and 2 bedroom apartment homes and has two large swimming pools, a fitness facility, a resident business center, dog park, and limited access gates. Close to The Parks Mall and the Arlington Highlands shopping, there is easy access to Dallas and Fort Worth via Highway 360, I-20 and I-30. Best of all, Trinity Trace has many of the features you want in a home of your own. Trinity Trace also offers a unique Second Chance Leasing Program if you are in need of fresh start.